Intro

I am a Digital Forensics student studying at university in the UK. I also do some Cyber Security modules.
I am currently in my 2nd year.
I have mainly started this to post interesting things I have learned and problems I have encountered.
However, I will use it to do write ups about useful things I want to remember such as commands and tools I have used so I don't forget them! (To be honest, I don't expect anyone to read this!)

Friday 20 February 2015

DEFT Forensics Live Disc

Now I'm a big lover of Kali, especially with the course I am on as it's a good mix between forensics and security.
But a situation came up yesterday where kali just wasn't cutting it. I did a post about it yesterday.

After playing with the live image, I thought I should install it on a virtual machine and try and use it properly to get a bit of experience with it.

It was extremely quick to install, even when i enabled the option to download updates during installation!

I am going to properly try it out over the next couple of weeks doing my assignment, but first impressions are good!


Deft: http://www.deftlinux.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment