Intro

I am a Digital Forensics student studying at university in the UK. I also do some Cyber Security modules.
I am currently in my 2nd year.
I have mainly started this to post interesting things I have learned and problems I have encountered.
However, I will use it to do write ups about useful things I want to remember such as commands and tools I have used so I don't forget them! (To be honest, I don't expect anyone to read this!)

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Why Didn't I Use "Alias" Alot More Before!?!

I have had a couple of aliases set up for months and months.
Use them all the time, but completely forgot about the actual Alias function and how much time it can save me.

I have gone from having 2/3 to having about 10!

Everything from killing specific processes such as "arpspoof" to quickly "cd" to a favourite folder (my new bashscripts).
I have got a couple for quickly displaying the IPTables and clearing them!

Im going to put a list below this fold mainly for me to remember them if i ever need them again on someone elses laptop.


alias boostvolume='pactl -- set-sink-volume 0 150%'
alias cleaniptables='iptables --flush'
alias cleannat='iptables -t nat -F'
alias googlechromefix='leafpad /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome'
alias killarp='killall arpspoof'
alias ls='ls --color=auto'
alias makealias='leafpad .bashrc'
alias showiptables='iptables -L'
alias shownat='iptables -t nat -L'
alias updatesys='apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade'

No comments:

Post a Comment