Intro

I am a Digital Forensics student studying at university in the UK. I also do some Cyber Security modules.
I am currently in my 2nd year.
I have mainly started this to post interesting things I have learned and problems I have encountered.
However, I will use it to do write ups about useful things I want to remember such as commands and tools I have used so I don't forget them! (To be honest, I don't expect anyone to read this!)

Sunday 22 February 2015

StegDetect + StegBreak Update

So after all the hassle i had getting this thing set up on Kali, leading the inevitable giving up and moving to something else, i thought i should do a post reminding me of the commands i used in the end on Deft.

So, the wordlist i originally used kept giving me errors every now and then. So i found another word list and used that instead.
Found from here: https://wiki.skullsecurity.org/Passwords

Note to self, Get a bigger hard drive to download them all on! They are big! :)

Steg Detect

Command:
stegdetect -t p *.jpg
This is used if the method to Steg the file is "jphide".

Steg Break

Command:
stegbreak -f <word list> -t p *.jpg
Again, used if the method to Steg the file is "jphide".

No comments:

Post a Comment