Intro

I am a Digital Forensics student studying at university in the UK. I also do some Cyber Security modules.
I am currently in my 2nd year.
I have mainly started this to post interesting things I have learned and problems I have encountered.
However, I will use it to do write ups about useful things I want to remember such as commands and tools I have used so I don't forget them! (To be honest, I don't expect anyone to read this!)

Thursday 19 February 2015

Stegbreak Segmentation Fault Fix

Well, not exactly a fix, but a small workaround within reason.

I had a lot of trouble getting this to work until i stumbled upon a post explaining why its not working.
It was on Debians bug tracker: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=345230

If you have this issue, its because your word list has words over 127 characters.

The only option is to run a script to extract words under 127 characters and put them into a separate file.

Here is the script:
perl -pe 'BEGIN { @bad = (128..255); map { $_ = chr $_ } @bad; };
undef $_ if /[@bad]/' /usr/share/dict/words > stegbreak.wordlist


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment