Intro

I am a Digital Forensics student studying at university in the UK. I also do some Cyber Security modules.
I am currently in my 2nd year.
I have mainly started this to post interesting things I have learned and problems I have encountered.
However, I will use it to do write ups about useful things I want to remember such as commands and tools I have used so I don't forget them! (To be honest, I don't expect anyone to read this!)

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Oh The Joys Of OpenVas...

Seeing as OpenVas is meant to be built into Kali. Jesus Christ its a pain in the arse to set up!!!!!!!

Ive spent hours upon hours over the past few weeks trying to get it going.
Do you think i got it working? Did i ******!!!!

So many errors, not enough storage space on the internet to store all the screenshots of errors ive had recently.

I really wanted it to work because i enjoy using Kali so much. But it just wasnt going to happen.
So i had a look on the OpenVas website and saw that it was a very simple install to get it going on Fedora and some other distros.
So i downloaded Fedora, booted it into a virtual machine. Updated Fedora (3 hours!!!) and then done the command to install OpenVas.

Why did i not do this in the first place!!!!

The install was painless, the setting up took ages as it was downloading the whole internet i think. Took about 1 hour.

But it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment